Hi. I’m Paul, and I tell people’s beautiful stories during their greatest day of their lives. I live in the North East of England with my wife and 2 beautiful children, Jake and Jessica. Jake is like one of my best friends, but at 7 years old he’s adamant he’s not interested in beer. I can already see Jessica being a future photographer, as she is like me, she is interested in people and she loves to travel and she’s creative.
Here is a bullet point, info drop:
- Born in Darlington, lived in Newcastle for 10 years.
- I have an obsession with people and places, I have yet to go to New Zealand, Canada, Iceland, Mexico.
- I was an obsessed electro music fan listening to music genres from around the world from acid jazz to turntablism, from electroclash to shoegazer, from electro-funk to minimal. I even had my own radio show on a Saturday night FM station for a few weeks.
- I love comedy. I have a very typical English sense of comedy, its all down to timing and situation which works a treat at weddings.
- I love partaking in sport but I am mostly terrible at all of them. Yea i’v have always prioritised the party over the points, its just my nature.
- My greatest achievement in life, apart from my kids, is making my art and social life my job.
I never wanted to be a wedding photographer. I always set my sights on being a filmmaker, but it was too hard to finance, so I became a film teacher instead. After 7 years of teaching in Northumberland, I met Youtube sensation Thomas Heaton at the Tynemouth Photographic Society. He kind of opened my eyes and made me realise that wedding photography could be whatever you wanted it to be. After 5 years I have now documented 200+ weddings all over the UK, Europe and worldwide!
I love meeting people, I’m kind of a social chameleon, I blend well with people. Im pretty down to earth and I’m pretty open and honest with people. I think its what has worked for me in this lovely thing I call a job! I love to travel too. 2018 has been my biggest year yet with 52 amazing weddings.
Newcastle wedding photographer
"My favourite picture is always the one I have just taken. Watching the concept blossom into reality"
"People are fascinating subjects to capture; time, personality, light, vision, are all the tools that I need"
wedding photographer Newcastle
"An amateur is obsessed with equipment, a professional is obsessed with marketing, a master is obsessed with credentials, a storyteller is obsessed with people and stories."
Northumberland wedding photography
"It is not the camera that sees, it is the photographer. Without the photographer the camera is useless"
wedding photography Northumberland
"The energy required to be in so many places with so many different lighting requirements is enormous, people often look at my work and ask if I have two or more people working alongside me."
wedding photography North East
A few boring credentials
- Apr 2007 - 1st teaching job
- Jun 2013 - 1st wedding in Dumfries
- Jan 2014 - Full time wedding photographer
- Jun 2014 - 1st international wedding in Helsinki, Finland
- Aug 2015 - 100th Wedding
- Sep 2015 - 1st worldwide wedding
- Oct 2015 - 1st famous wedding, I shot cricketer Ben Harmison's wedding
- Dec 2015 - 1st viral wedding. Globally published in all major papers, websites & TV
- Jan 2016 - fully booked for 2016 with 60 full day weddings
- Jun 2016 - 1st 400 person Indian/Greek wedding
- Sep 2016 - 1st Royal link in attendance, James Middleton & Donna Air's sisters wedding
- Jan 2017 - fully booked for 2017 with 50 full day weddings
- Jul 2017 - 200th Wedding
- Nov 2017 - 1st A-Lister Wedding, I shot Andy Serkis's nephews wedding
- Jan 2018 - fully booked for 2018 with 50 full day weddings
North East wedding photography
Newcastle Wedding Photographer | North East Wedding Photographer.
I am a North East Wedding Photographer based in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I specialise in Newcastle Wedding photography in the North East. My work has gone viral twice and some of my brides have been published in magazines and credited on TV worldwide.
I pride myself on having the most natural storytelling style in the area. Within the North East I also cover Northumberland, Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland and Yorkshire. Some of my most frequent venues are Le Petit Chateau, Lartington Hall, Beamish Hall, Newton Hall, Woodhill Hall, The Baltic, Lumley Castle, Matfen Hall Doxford Barns Healey Barn and Brinkburn Priory
As a North East Wedding Photographer, Paul Liddement Wedding Stories, I am one of Brides Up North favourite suppliers.